Yesterday I went to the farmer’s market and I got 6 fresh local zucchini. I absolutely love zucchini and my favorite way to eat them is to slice and sautée them with garlic. However, since I got 6 I though I would try both sweet and savory dishes so I used 2 for our potato and zucchini soup for lunch today, 2 went into our zucchini and feta cheese fritters (recipe coming next) and I am saving the last 2 to make zucchini doughtnuts tomorrow.
The zucchini fritters are really easy to make; this is a one bowl recipe which makes cleaning very easy. It took me about 30 minutes to get everything ready which was enough time for my kids to explore the outdoors and bring some bugs inside.
You can serve this with chicken, this is what we did tonight; I had chicken and cauliflower baking in the oven while I was making the fritters. It also goes well as an appetizer, served with a yogurt and garlic dip.
- 2 medium sized zucchini grated (about 1.5 pounds)
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cups bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cups fresh chopped dill
- salt & pepper
- 2 TBSP olive oil for frying
- Wash and remove the ends of the zucchini; grate the zucchini with the skin on and use your hands to squeeze all the juice from the zucchini
- After you remove the juice add the grated zucchini and all other ingredients to the bowl and mix everything together
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. I love using my cast iron skillet.
- Scoop batter by the tablespoon and use your hands to give it a round flattened shape before placing in the skillet
- Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side
- Serve warm