A while ago I posted the Romanian Recipe for Stuffed Peppers, I found the Serbian version and I thought I would share it with you since it’s slightly different and has few extra ingredients.
I hope you’ll enjoy!
- 8 bell peppers
- 5 oz (150 g) bacon
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 3/4 cups (100 g) unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 1/2 cups (500g) ground pork
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- butter for the dish
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, remove the seeds.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, ground pork, chopped onion, egg, crushed garlic, salt and pepper. Stuff the pepper halves, place a slice of bacon and a slice of tomato on top of each pepper.
- Butter an ovenproof dish and lay the stuffed peppers in the dish, pour the sour cream on top and bake for about 45 minutes.
Serve warm! Usually this dish is served with mashed potatoes.