Using the same dough as the jam cookies you can also make spiral cookies.
Here is the recipe, Enjoy and Happy Holiday Baking!
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 sticks butter (12 tablespoons butter) at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- Mix the flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract; add the baking soda and keep mixing until the dough has a soft texture. If you used a mixer you can chill the dough until firm; this way it will be easier to work with. If you used your hands to incorporate everything together you don’t need to chill the dough.
- Divide the dough in half; in one half add the cocoa and mix until the cocoa incorporates in the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide both the cocoa and the vanilla dough in half
- On a floured board, roll the dough to about 1/8 inch thickness
- Place the cocoa rolled dough on top of the vanilla one (or the other way around) and roll them together
- Cut 1/4 inch apart
- Bake until golden brown