With the holidays approaching it’s time we think about some easy breakfast ideas to please the crowds of guests.
As long as you have eggs you can pretty much make a frittata with anything you have in the fridge; we tried it with bacon, peppers, kale, goat cheese. So feel free to adapt to anything you have handy.
This Spinach Potato Frittata is easy to make and you can prepare everything the night before and just bake it in the morning. I just tried it this past Sunday and the kids loved it too! I love using a cast iron skillet for my frittatas as I can use the same skillet on top of the stove and in the oven so it makes cleaning easier.
- 1 small onion diced
- 1/2 sweet potato cubed
- 2 small gold potatoes cubed
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese (plus extra shredded cheese to sprinkle on top at the end)
- 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 TSP ground ginger
- 1/2 TSP ground turmeric
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet, add the onion and the cubed potatoes and let it cooked until tender
- Add the spinach and the spices and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted
- Remove from heta and set aside
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, mix in the shredded cheese and pour everything to the skillet slightly stir all ingredients.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake until eggs have set
- Remove from oven, sprinkle more cheese on top and serve warm