More on my zucchini mania – I just love this vegetable, it’s so versatile you can include it in both sweet and savory meals. It will be as tasty in a soup as it would be in a zucchini bread or my delicious zucchini doughnuts. I love including them in different dishes this time of year because we start getting our own zucchini in the garden or buy local grown zucchini from the farmer’s market and they are so delicious.
Sautéed Zucchini are easy to make, most of my recipes are easy to make just because I have 3 little ones running around so I like things I can quickly make or prepare in advance. I also like to keep this recipe simple – zucchini, salt, pepper, olive oil and garlic. You can add more herbs or some balsamic vinegar but the garlic and the salt complements really well the sweetness of the zucchini so I prefer this short list of ingredients.
- 2-3 medium zucchini sliced
- 3-4 TBSP olive oil (you will need to sauté the zucchini in batches so you will use half of the oil for the first batches and add the rest as needed)
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the zucchini (you can also cube them or cut them like fries but I like how they keep their shape when sliced so I recommend slicing)
- Heat the oil over medium heat ( I like using my cast iron skillet)
- Add zucchini and sauté for 2-3 minutes on each side. You want a tender zucchini but not mushy.
- Toss zucchini with salt, pepper and the minced garlic
- Enjoy warm!