Usually made with beef, this salad is a staple appetizer in Romania and is usually served for Easter and Christmas.
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 5 medium carrots boiled and finely diced
- 2 parsley roots boiled and finely diced
- 4 medium potatoes – boiled in their skins, peeled and diced
- 1 cup frozen peas (run cold water over them to defrost)
- 1 chicken breast cooked and diced (you can use beef, turkey or ham instead)
- 2 cups diced pickles
- 2 cups mayo
- 1 TBSP mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Boil the potatoes in their skin, let them cool, peel and dice.
- Boil the carrots and parsley roots together, let them cool and dice
- Cook the chicken breast (either boil or in the oven) and dice
- Dice the pickles and let them drain for few minutes in a strainer
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, chicken, carrots, parsley, peas and pickles. Add the mayo, mustard, salt and pepper and mix everything together so everything is covered with the may dressing.
- Garnish with parsley leaves or cover with mayo, chill and serve.