Since the Czech recipe for Chicken Paprikash was very popular, I thought to add the Hungarian recipe for this dish.
- 1 chicken (about 2.5 lbs)
- 1 large onion
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 heaped tbsp ground paprika
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 large tomato
- 1.5 cups sour cream
- 1-2 tbsp flour
- Cut the chicken in pieces
- Heat the oil and cook the chopped onion. Remove from heat and add the ground paprika.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry for few minutes
- Reduce heat, season the chicken and cover with a lid
- Add the chopped peppers and tomato
- Add a little water and continue to cook.
- Combine the sour cream with flour and add when chicken is cooked. Simmer for another 4-5 minutes.